Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting In Gear


While the weather has not been very cooperative with my training efforts (snowing once a week, with another 20inches due this weekend), fundraising is well underway. I'm happy to say, with the support of my BB Knits customers, I have raised $100, towards my $2,300 goal.

We introduced 2 new colorways at BB Knits last weekend, Pink Pearl and Boobilicious! Pink Pearl is blend of 2 different pinks, at various degrees of shading, and Boobi-licious is a self striping sock yarn, in 3 different shades of pink. Boobi-licious, specifically, has been very well received. I hope you ladies wear these socks boldly, to remind your mothers, your sisters, your daughter, to get their boobies checked!

We've got some other fun fundraisers in the works too, including a Pretty in Pink cocktail party (this summer) and a Passionately Pink Pajama Party, which will be held in the fall. Although it's sad that so many women have been touched by breast cancer, it's great to see so many come together, passionately committed to find a cure!

1 comment:

  1. I just found (and purchased) your pink pearl yarn, and I am really looking forward to making a pretty lace shawl in memory of my mom, who lost her battle to breast cancer over 17 years ago. Good luck with your training regimen!

    ReplyDelete