Thursday, January 7, 2010

And So It Begins....

I've wanted to do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for several years now. Until this year, it just wasn't possible, as the boys were too young and way too demanding. In 2010, as I ready to turn 40, and face my next mammogram (next month), which will be a "diagnostic mammogram and an aspiration", I've decided, this is the year!

I look forward to the journey ahead of me, on so many levels. There is of course, the physical journey, and building my endurance to walking 60 miles in 3 days. The psychological journey, of making myself train even when I don't really feel like it.... Of facing all of those women out there that are fighting cancer, and still have the energy or wear-with-all to train for this event. And I look forward to the opportunity to put my legs where my mouth is, when I tell my kids that anything is possible, if they set their mind to it, and face it with an open heart and open mind.

I look forward to facing my mammogram next month, ready to wage the war, if one needs to be waged, with the power of my sisterhood.

I hope you'll walk (read) with me....as we get one step closer to the cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment